Salary: £NEG (Plus Benefits)
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time when our business is experiencing an exciting period of growth. As a Senior Consultant you will play a lead role in providing technical management consultancy to our clients in asset-intensive and regulated industries. Your experience and passion for infrastructure will help our clients to drive business improvements, economic investment decisions and provide insights into assets in new and valuable ways.
With demonstrable experience in one or more asset management teams for a regulated utility and/or major Consultancy, you will work with our asset management specialists and data scientists to develop innovative solutions to our clients’ challenges in asset management, including asset planning, operational and business risk evaluation and mitigation, and investment options appraisal.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Proactively developing and implementing solutions to address our clients’ needs, assimilating information from multiple parties and sources to deliver positive outcomes for our clients;
- Managing projects throughout their lifecycle from bid activity through to delivery in line with procedures so that we deliver on time, to the agreed standard and within budget;
- Ensuring that project activity is conducted with integrity, in an efficient, safe and competent manner, in line with the requirements of our Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Management System;
- Contributing your domain expertise to deliver workable solutions to the challenges faced by our clients;
- Drawing upon your expertise and contacts to play an active role in developing and securing business opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Leading and/or quality-assuring project deliverables;
- Ensuring that analytical work by others is completed with technical integrity and in a transparent and auditable way;
With a first degree and/or further post-graduate qualification in a subject with a strong analytical component, you will also have:
- At least five years’ proven experience working for a UK infrastructure organisation, or similar, either directly or as consultant and have a strong practical understanding of asset and business planning processes, including support in the preparation for one or more price reviews;
- Track record successfully developing and securing business opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Record of successful management of infrastructure projects in line with procedures so that we deliver on time, to the agreed standard and within budget;
- A natural ability to assimilate and communicate information quickly and effectively to a wide variety of audiences;
- A high degree of IT literacy and the ability to write clear, well-structured and concise reports;
- Self-motivation and good organisational skills;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Other attributes which would be advantageous in this role are:
- A proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams including scientists and engineers;
- An ability to quickly acquire new skills and a readiness to learn;
- A willingness to travel in the UK and overseas.
WRc is an Independent Centre of Excellence for Innovation and Growth. As a fast growing consultancy we operate across different sectors including Water, Environment, and Chemical industries. Our clients include regulators, water and utility companies, government organisations, NGOs, trade organisations, industrial manufacturers. Building on a legacy in the international water and environment sector stretching back over 90 years, we bring a shared purpose of discovering and delivering new and exciting solutions that enable our clients to meet the challenges of the future.
Culture & Benefits
In our welcoming and inclusive environment, at WRc we foster a culture where talented and motivated people are nurtured, encouraged and supported to succeed and develop their skills. We know that with the right people, we are able to build on our unrivalled reputation in the fields of innovation and technical excellence. We welcome team members who bring new ways of thinking and fresh approaches to problem solving as well as those who have a genuine passion for their specialist subject or area of research.
In return for your commitment, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit the RSK Group careers portal and click ‘apply’.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter. RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work, and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
For more information on the type of work that we do please visit wrcplc.co.uk and www.rskgroup.com.