25th April 2012, WRc, Swindon
The WRc Open Innovation Day brought representatives of water and wastewater companies together with experts, technologists and innovators who were able to provide solutions to the industry's problems. It showcased new technologies, provided focussed workshop sessions, presented the views and experiences of the industry’s regulators and leaders in research and demonstrated WRc’s research facilities at its base in Swindon. The event was free to attend and aimed to demonstrate how an open approach to innovation can benefit all stakeholders.
The Event provided an opportunity to:
- Discuss with water and waste water utilities and their regulators how they were driving innovation and their current problems.
- Talk to companies that were providing and developing a range of innovative solutions and services into the sector.
- Attend workshops to address specific topical issues and listen to presentations by exemplars of innovation.
- Visit WRc and see the facilities available for research and development activities.
The event was attended by approximately 145 delegates from:
- Innovation/R&D leaders from Utility companies.
- Innovation/R&D leaders from Supplier companies to the water industry.
- Technology experts working in the water industry from Universities and other non-commercial organisations.
- Government representatives setting policy on Innovation within the water industry.