Compliance with drinking water regulatory requirements requires efficient treatment to deal with the expected range of raw water quality and throughput. WRc water treatment team can provide specialist consultancy and support to help clients meet these challenges, and achieve secure and cost-effective water treatment design and operation.
What can we do for you?
Process selection, design and operation
- Conceptual design of treatment and comparison of alternative technologies.
- Selection of the most secure and cost effective treatment streams for defined raw water quality.
- Treatment process audits and risk assessment.
- Water treatment operator training.
- Benchmarking of treatment performance, costs, energy and carbon emissions.
- Treatment disinfection audits.
- Investigation of disinfection failures.
- Development and evaluation of disinfection strategies.
- Evaluation of novel and alternative disinfection technologies.
- Auditing of treatment and disinfection to reduce risk of microbiological failures.
- Specification and implementation of UV design.
- Catchment and treatment microbial risk assessments.
- Evaluation and optimisation of on-site electrolytic chlorine generation.
- Management and control of disinfection by-products.
- CFD modelling of contact tanks
Pesticides and other organic micropollutants
- Optimisation of GAC and ozone.
- Modelling of GAC and ozonation.
- Evaluation of new technology.
- Laboratory rapid column tests to compare alternative GAC types for specific pesticides and other organic micropollutants.