Increased expectation for a fault free service requires a greater understanding and control of the water distribution system. At the same time as reducing leakage water companies must make significant improvements to other, and often conflicting, requirements. WRc has the capability and expertise to provide the necessary innovative and integrated solutions to help our clients optimise the management of distribution systems to meet these requirements effectively and efficiently.
Whilst concentrating on water utilities within the UK, our leakage and network management expertise has been adopted as international best practice.
WRc supports the water industry through the provision of integrated solutions to all aspects of the distribution system. Our work includes:
- Economic level of leakage analysis and least cost planning – APLE, DAMSON
- Development of leakage management strategies and key performance indicators
- Research into leakage control methods
- Integrated benefits quantification of network initiatives such as:
- Mains replacement
- Quantification of customer side leakage
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Trunk mains leakage analysis, quantification and targeting
- Asset management
- Risk analysis
- Cost benefit analysis (including environmental and social impacts)
We also provide pipeline inspection services using Sahara® Pipeline Inspection, which provides network operators with precise information on leak location, pipe condition and mains location.