Our Wastewater Treatment team has the knowledge, skills and experience, together with an in-depth understanding of the regulatory environment and a forward looking approach, necessary to tackle a wide range of wastewater related issues.
What services do we provide?
WRc offers a range of wastewater services tailored to meet individual client requirements. We also provide opportunities for collaborative wastewater research through our Portfolio programme. Examples of services include:
Site Audits, Investigations & Risk Assessment
- Condition assessment of assets (civil, M&E and IC&T)
- Process performance assessment & modelling
- Audit of O&M practices & supporting documentation
- Investigation into process failure / poor performance
- Risk Assessment using Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Optimisation of Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Evaluation of installed or planned process plant
- Assessment of works to achieve compliance with licence/consent conditions for existing and future flows and loads,
- Recommendations for processes / operational practice improvements to achieve compliance, efficiency or performance optimisation.
- Site surveys
- Evaluation of options for odour abatement
- Odour Management Plans
- Leading programs for the design, costing and operational analysis of sewage treatment works – STOAT & Plan-It STOAT
- Computer simulations for activated sludge processes
- Biofilm models (filters, BAFs and RBCs)