WRc have in-house UKAS accredited facilities to undertake testing on a wide range of mixed and source-segregated wastes and products (e.g municipal wastes, commercial / industrial wastes, food wastes, composts, sewage sludge, anaerobic digestates, solid recovered fuels and thermal treatment residues). The breadth of tests offered allows our clients to comply with the requirements of current guidelines and regulations. As the only laboratory accredited by UKAS for waste biodegradability tests, our accreditation demonstrates the importance we place in ensuring we deliver a quality service for all our clients from waste management companies, technology providers and plant operators through to regulators and local authorities.
WRc can provide the following tests (* indicates UKAS accreditation held):
- Bulk sample preparation e.g. shredding, grinding, sieving for onward testing
- Compositional sorting* into component categories to individual client specifications
- Biodegradability testing: aerobic or anaerobic biodegradability tests, which include:
- BMC* - Anaerobic biodegradability (formerly BM100 test) - as specified in MBT in the Environment Agency Guidance
- RBP - Residual Biochemical Methane Potential Test for stabilised anaerobic digestate (as required for PAS 110)
- DR4*- Four day aerobic Dynamic Respiration Test
- AT4 - Static Respiration Tests (aerobic test as specified in the German landfill ordinance)
- Bespoke anaerobic digestion tests for AD feedstock evaluation and plant design
- Dry matter (DM)* and Loss on Ignition (LOI)*
- Biomass by mass, LOI*, CV or TOC
- Particle Size Distribution*
- Bulk Density*: compacted or non-compacted
- Management of compliance monitoring e.g. LATS / LAS, PAS 100 and PAS 110
WRc can assist in the development of sampling plans covering the number and size of samples, replicate testing and analytical suites as well as production of interpretative reports.