WRc has extensive experience in the characterisation of a wide range of feedstocks and outputs from commercial, industrial and municipal waste treatment for performance monitoring, process optimisation, resource recovery, waste hazard assessment and end of waste classification.
Materials characterisation is now a critical activity for effective waste management. As part of our waste and resource management services we can assess the characteristics and management options for materials at all stages of their life-cycle. This includes virgin products, process wastes from industrial manufacture and treatment residues from anaerobic digestion, mechanical biological/ heat treatment (including composting and autoclaving) and thermal treatment.
Examples of the services that WRc can provide include:
- Design of sampling and testing programmes
- Statistical analysis of current and historic data
- Environmental permit compliance monitoring
- Compliance with ESA incinerator bottom ash hazard assessment protocol
- Waste classification (List of Waste Code, hazardous/non-hazardous status and end-of-waste)
- Hazard assessments including ecotoxicity and sensitising
- Landfill waste acceptance criteria (WAC) performance
- Leaching behaviour
- Compositional sorting
- In-house UKAS biodegradability and residual stability testing of organic wastes
- Monitoring for landfill allowance trading scheme, renewable obligation certificates and climate change levy exemption certificates.
- Assessment of environmental impacts and agronomic benefits for organic and inorganic wastes and products
- Benchmarking against in-house data e.g. air pollution control residues, refuse derived fuel, municipal waste and industrial process wastes
Download our flyers for further information.