Salary: Depending on Experience
Introduction to WRc plc
WRc plc is one of the world’s leading innovative and independent scientific and engineering consultancies. Founded 90 years ago, we have a unique heritage. We are trusted by government, industry, regulators and energy and utility companies to solve today’s most significant and urgent challenges in the fields of water, gas and the natural environment.
The WRc Opportunity
2017 marks the next stage in our journey. We have embarked on an ambitious plan that aims for significant growth and expansion in the next five years. This will provide exciting opportunities for the right people to join us. You will play your part in our future by enabling us to achieve our commercial objectives through the delivery of customer-focused solutions. In return, you will be part of an organisation in which expertise is celebrated; an infectious passion for your specialist skill-set is actively welcomed; and drive and performance are rewarded.
WRc’s technology team is a mix of scientists and engineers with extensive knowledge and experience in the development, evaluation and implementation of technologies and services in the water and gas sectors. We work with everyone, from the largest water and gas utilities to small technology start-ups, on all kinds of novel and established technologies, from pipe lining materials through to advanced sensor, control and automation systems.
We are looking to strengthen our team through recruitment of a scientist or engineer with an interest in new technology, its application to the utilities sector and wanting to utilise their skills and experience in a growing consultancy environment.
With a qualification in a scientific or engineering discipline, you will be ready to embrace a varied mix of work from designing and carrying out experiments and testing all kinds of technologies on WRc’s unique facilities and client sites, dealing with enquiries, through to presenting final outputs to our clients.
Working as part of the busy technology team you will need a positive attitude, enjoy working both independently and with junior and senior members of the team. You will be highly motivated, have an eye for detail and be proactive in suggesting and implementing new ideas.
- Writing plans and procedures to enable robust technology assessments.
- Hands on laboratory, outdoor test rig and field trial testing of a wide range of technologies.
- Meeting with water and gas companies to understand their challenges and develop WRc projects as solutions.
- Analyse and interpret test data against relevant standards and industry requirements.
- Production of high quality technical reports and presentations.
- Engaging with the supply chain to maintain WRc’s knowledge of new technology solutions.
- Input into developing and enhancing WRc’s testing and evaluation services.
- Bachelor or higher degree in science or engineering.
- Proven work experience within a water/gas utility or supply chain.
- Practical experience and willingness to engage in all aspects of the role.
- High level of written and numerical competency.
- Strong communication skills and proven networking abilities.
- Eligible to work permanently in the UK.
- First-hand experience in undertaking technology testing, evaluation and trials.
- Water/gas instrumentation, control and automation experience.
Culture & Benefits
In our welcoming and inclusive environment, at WRc we foster a culture where talented and motivated people are nurtured, encouraged and supported to succeed and develop their skills. We know that with the right people, we are able to build on our unrivalled reputation in the fields of innovation and technical excellence. We welcome team members who bring new ways of thinking and fresh approaches to problem solving as well as those who have a genuine passion for their specialist subject or area of research.
In return for your commitment, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Full on-the-job training
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
For more information on the type of work that we do please visit our 'What we do' page.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Closing Date 30th November 2017.
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.