In the context of a Water Utility business, strategic planning is the assessment of serviceability targets, the development of the overall approach taken to meet these targets and the development of budgets needed to deliver the strategy.
WRc’s experience and knowledge of asset performance and service enables us to understand how to implement strategic frameworks and support companies in doing so.
Our services include:
- Strategy development for rehabilitation and maintenance planning, from an organisational level through to asset specific needs.
- Development of best practice guidance/manuals with stakeholders.
- International benchmarking of asset management including:
- investment planning and prioritisation;
- operations, rehabilitation and maintenance;
- best use of data;
- technologies; procedures and costs.
- Implementation of strategic frameworks such as Distribution Operation and Maintenance Strategy (DOMS) and Drinking Water Safety Plans (DWSP).
- Development of the Sewerage Risk Management (SRM) website.
- Development of DOMS submissions for a number of UK water utilities.
- Methodology to allow the prioritisation of company policy.