Senior Gas Innovation Engineer
Salary: £NEG (Plus Benefits)
Introduction to WRc plc
WRc plc is one of the world’s most innovative and independent scientific and engineering consultancies. Founded 90 years ago, we have a unique heritage. We are trusted by Government, industry, regulators and the utilities to solve today’s most significant and urgent challenges in the fields of water, gas, waste and the natural environment.
The WRc Opportunity
2018 marks the next stage in our journey. We have embarked on an ambitious plan that aims for significant growth and expansion in the next five years. This will provide exciting opportunities for the right people to join us. You will play your part in our future by enabling us to achieve our commercial objectives through the delivery of customer-focused solutions. In return, you will be part of an organisation in which expertise is celebrated; an infectious passion for your specialist skill-set is actively welcomed; and drive and performance are rewarded.
The Innovation Project Specialist will be responsible for delivering quality innovation projects to our clients that demonstrate clear business benefits, which align with our customer’s key drivers and challenges.
With demonstrable experience in the Gas Sector, you will work with the Head of Energy, project teams and clients to develop and grow Innovation projects within the gas sector.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical direction/knowledge and leadership across a varied portfolio of innovation projects in subject areas related to networks.
- Technically lead the delivery of standards, procedures and technical documentation.
- Supervising the work of colleagues and mentoring more junior member of the team.
- Working closely with WRc’s commercial team develop credible technology development and trial propositions.
- Liaise with clients on both specific projects and broader knowledge gathering activities.
With a Gas Sector qualification (Eng tech or Management) you’ll need generalist knowledge of the sector and a passion to drive improvements
- Proven experience (7+ Years) of working for a UK regulated utility company, or similar, either directly or as consultant and have a strong practical understanding of business processes.
- Recoginised technical specialism within the gas sector.
- Commercially minded with a track record of delivering and winning projects in a commercial environment.
- EUSR qualifications, IOSH or other.
- An ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams including scientists and engineers
- The ability to lead and motivate others, taking ownership and responsibility.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- A willingness to travel in the UK and overseas.
Culture & Benefits
In our welcoming and inclusive environment, at WRc we foster a culture where talented and motivated people are nurtured, encouraged and supported to succeed and develop their skills. We know that with the right people, we are able to build on our unrivalled reputation in the fields of innovation and technical excellence. We welcome team members who bring new ways of thinking and fresh approaches to problem solving as well as those who have a genuine passion for their specialist subject or area of research.
In return for your commitment, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Full on-the-job training
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
Please APPLY ONLINE. Closing Date 28th March 2018.
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates