WRc has a track record of developing beneficial and practical risk management solutions for implementation across a wide range of water industry applications.
Our aim is to provide water companies with a series of risk-based tools and techniques that enable companies to improve their understanding and ability to manage both strategic and operational risks.
Our capabilities include the development of suitable risk management frameworks and methodologies for:
- Risk identification
- Risk assessment and evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Reporting, aggregation and escalation of risks
What can we do?
We provide the following key services:
- Failure modes and effects, and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Audits and risk assessment – risk assessment of treatment works and other assets
- Risk workshops
- Collaborative risk projects – share project costs with other contributors
We help water companies to manage risk in the context of the UKWIR Capital Maintenance Planning Common Framework (CMPCF) through:
- Developing a uniform approach to risk by establishing risk principles, policy, strategy and a common language.
- Optimising interventions to minimise costs whilst satisfying differing regulatory requirements, and maximising service delivery to customers.
- Providing a strategic approach to the management of risk for the next business planning cycle and beyond.