REACH provides a single chemical regulatory regime for the European Union. Manufacturers and importers must provide data and carry out risk assessments in order to continue using chemicals of importance to their business. Downstream users also have obligations.
The National Centre for Environmental Toxicology (NCET), a specialised team within WRc, can offer a wide range of REACH services. NCET consists of experience mammalian and environmental toxicologists, risk assessment analysts, chemists and REACH legislation experts, and has extensive experience of dealing with national and European regulators.
WRc is proud to be a REACHReady Approved Supplier (the UK Chemical Industry Association’s approval scheme for companies conducting work in this area).
- Identification of registration requirements.
- Arrangement of toxicological and ecotoxicological testing and assessment of data packages.
- Compilation and evaluation of physico-chemical, environmental, fate, toxicological and ecotoxicological data packages.
- Substance grouping, (Q)SAR and read across for data gap filling and test replacement for some endpoints.
- Environmental exposure modelling and monitoring and derivation of exposure scenarios.
- Reviews of epidemiological data and health monitoring studies.
- Hazard classification and labelling (CLP).
- Preparation of technical dossiers in IUCLID 5, Chemicals Safety Reports (CSRs) and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
- Validation of registration dossiers prior to Agency submission.
- Provision of aid to consortia in meeting their REACH regulation requirements.