Introduction to WRc plc
Founded 90 years ago, WRc has a unique heritage as one of the world’s leading innovative and independent scientific and engineering consultancies. We are trusted by Government, industry, regulators and energy and utility companies to solve today’s most challenging and significant problems in the fields of water, gas and the natural environment.
The WRc Opportunity
2018 marks the next stage in our journey. We have embarked on an ambitious plan that aims for significant growth and expansion in the next three years. This will provide exciting opportunities for the right people to join us. You will play your part in our future by enabling us to achieve our commercial objectives through the delivery of customer-focused solutions. In return, you will be part of an organisation in which expertise is celebrated; an infectious passion for your specialist skill-set is actively welcomed; and drive and performance are rewarded.
As a result of our recent growth, and the transition of the business to a LeanAgile approach to project delivery, an opportunity has arisen for a Quality Manager to manage WRc’s suite of Quality accreditations and to ensure that they add value as part of the business improvement drive. Working for the Business Improvement Champion, the role will not only ensure that WRc retains its accreditations, but will also play a key role in the transformation programme by aligning those accreditations with the LeanAgile system.
- To work with the Business Improvement Champion to ensure that the Quality system adds value to the business and supports the roll-out of LeanAgile across the business.
- To manage WRc’s ISO9001:2015 and Achilles UVDB accreditations in tandem with the Business Improvement Champion, ‘Service Delivery Leads’ and service area improvement champions:
- ensuring that the quality management system mirrors the target operating model, quality objectives, processes and performance metrics in the business;
- undertaking internal audits and building the internal audit capacity and capability;
- undertaking non-conformance investigations and implementation of countermeasures;
- ensuring ‘Management Reviews’ are undertaken and continuous improvement is driven.
- To lead and ready the organisation to achieve ISO27001 accreditation working with the business and IT;
- To finalise the organisation’s preparation for the GDPR, and to assure ongoing compliance.
- To support WRc’s UKAS 17025 laboratory procedure accreditation in tandem with the laboratory quality manager and staff.
- To lead WRc’s 14001:2015 accreditation:
- defining and delivering the environmental strategy with key stakeholders including facilities, HR and field services;
- monitoring and reporting performance and managing countermeasures.
- To support the Health & Safety Manager in maintaining WRc’s OHSAS 18001 accreditation, and to harmonise it with the existing QMS.
- Managing, administering and auditing an organisation’s quality management system preferably in a professional services environment;
- Leading and achieving an ISO 27001 accreditation preferably in a professional services environment;
- Leading an environmental strategy and its delivery through influencing operational stakeholders.
- The ability to engage positively across a diverse organisation to achieve sustainable behaviour change.
- An understanding of, or experience with the implementation of measure to comply with the GDPR would be an advantage.
- Some exposure to Lean or Agile principles and techniques would be an advantage.
Culture & Benefits
In our welcoming and inclusive environment, at WRc we foster a culture where talented and motivated people are nurtured, encouraged and supported to succeed and develop their skills. We know that with the right people, we are able to build on our unrivalled reputation in the fields of innovation and technical excellence. We welcome team members who bring new ways of thinking and fresh approaches to problem solving as well as those who have a genuine passion for their specialist subject or area of research.
In return for your commitment, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
Please APPLY ONLINE. Closing Date 28th February 2018.
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates