James Fisher founded James Fisher & Sons in Barrow-in-Furness in 1847 to transport iron-rich haematite from the Cumbrian hills to support the Industrial Revolution. Over 160 years later, this shipping company has grown and developed into a leading marine and technical services provider. Operating from sites in Queensferry, Worcester and Sittingbourne, James Fisher Inspection and Measurement Services is part of the Specialist Technical Services division of James Fisher and Sons. JFIMS offers a targeted range of inspection and measurement products and services backed up with specialist technical support. For inspection challenges where conventional techniques are manually driven and slow, inefficient or simply cannot achieve the inspection quality required, JFIMS NDT offers the latest in innovative technology and solution driven approach. JFIMS NDT applies its "can do" attitude with a range of ‘Hi End NDT’ techniques to meet our customers’ requirements.
- Infrastructure Status and
- Condition Scanner (In-Situ)
Remote X-Ray system
Designed for Field Service
Weighing only 21 kg (46 lb), the CRx25P is a truly portable computed radiography system designed especially for applications requiring multiple relocation. The scanner offers a portable digital imaging solution for in-house, field and even off-shore applications where size and weight portability are critical to the environment and workflow.
Innovative Benefits of Digital Scanning
- No impact on daily operations as all inspection can be carried out without the need for costly shut downs or rezones.
- Corrosion assessments, status of fittings, wall thickness of pipe works and erosion are just a few examples of the benefits of this service.
- Utility chambers and pits are ideally designed to carry out portable scanning of strategic valves and fittings.
- Cost effective inspection service to identify defects.
- Inspection results assist with condition and consequence management.