WRc provides independent testing and evaluation of instrumentation and control technology for both manufacturers and end users to determine performance and suitability. Testing covers technology for water, wastewater and sewerage applications used by water utilities and other industrial users.
WRc has a range of specialist testing facilities. These include laboratories, closed pipe and open channel flow-loops, a dedicated instrumentation lab, environmental chamber, large scale water storage and pumped supply test rigs and pilot scale treatment plants. These are used to provide controlled conditions for instrument development and evaluation. WRc also runs trials on water utility sites and witness testing at manufacturers facilities.
Recent examples of testing and evaluation work include:
- Chlorine and turbidity monitors for use in water distribution
- Ultrasonic level sensors
- Membrane chlorine analysers
- Test kits for pesticides
- Portable turbidimeters
- Oil in water monitors for intake protection
- Ion Mmbility spectroscopy for pesticides
- Ammonia, phosphate and suspended solids monitors for sewage final effluent
- In-situ and handheld optical dissolved oxygen monitors
- Sewer and CSO level monitors and cameras
We also undertake testing of wastewater samplers, flow monitors and continuous quality monitors against the Environment Agency's Monitoring Certification Scheme (MCERTS) http://www.mcerts.net/