WRc has specialist facilities for preparing large and challenging samples for onward analysis. We have a range of shredders, grinders and disc mills suitable for a wide variety of large volume wastes, fuels, feedstocks, residues and products and to support our developmental work.
WRc’s waste characterisation laboratories are UKAS accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 for a suite of anaerobic and aerobic tests on untreated and treated solid wastes from waste treatment. We are also BCS-approved for the residual biogas potential (RBP) test, the cornerstone of the Anaerobic Digestion Quality Protocol.
Our in-house testing services include:
- bulk sample preparation
- compositional sorting (standard or bespoke categories)
- biodegradability testing (anaerobic, aerobic, bespoke) e.g.
- biochemical methane potential (BMP, BMc, BM28)
- residual biogas potential (RBP)
- real dynamic respiration index (RDRI) to assess the stability of solid recovered fuel
- four day aerobic tests ( DR4, AT4)
- sequential chemical extraction
- compliance monitoring (management, reporting & interpretation) e.g. ESA incinerator bottom ash (IBA) protocol (http://www.wrcplc.co.uk/ps_ash-factory), Landfill Allowance Trading Scheme (LATS) (http://bit.ly/1JAQCLj) PAS 100 & PAS 110
- acid digestible fibre tests for total biomass determination and fibre indentification (e.g. lignin and cellulose)
- loss on ignition/volatile solids
- dry matter
WRc's waste doctors also offer management of complex testing programmes using a basket of approved external laboratories, laboratory treatment trials and bespoke characterisation to help industry recover value from waste.