Can you apply your degree to find business solutions...?
There are exciting times ahead here at WRc plc and we would like you to be part of it. As our company grows and develops into new sectors, we require top-grade graduates to help us fulfil our mission of developing a world-class centre of technical excellence in the utility sector here in Swindon.
If you are driven to solve problems, enjoy selling your ideas and exploring innovations and want to develop your skills as part of a world-class team, then we need to hear from you. By joining WRc you will be provided with all the opportunities, training and support you need to immediately apply your knowledge in some of our exciting projects, while simultaneously honing and expanding your skills.
We are currently looking to recruit a high quality Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Geomatics, Environmental Science or Geography graduate to work in our Catchment Management service area. The successful candidate will work in a thriving team offering innovative solutions to our clients in the areas of environmental evidence and policy and environmental modelling. Working mostly for the water industry and its regulators in the UK, we are also involved in projects with partners across Europe and are looking to extend our capability into other sectors.
The exact nature of the work would depend on the projects you are involved in but is likely to involve:
- Water Quality modelling using water industry and in-house modelling packages.
- Compiling and assessing data and other information, either directly from our clients, from other EU Member States, or through literature and other searches
- Data processing, analysis and interpretation in GIS, databases or spread sheets
- Development of tools to automate analysis and other workflows.
As one of the WRc team you’ll be offered a superb and challenging working environment where new ideas are encouraged. When you join us you will benefit from attending a number of structured training modules covering a range of management, business and IT skills, as well as receiving on the job training. Your continuing development will be regularly supported by your manager who will not only assess your performance but will help you formulate a training plan that matches your career aspirations. It will be challenging but it will also be exciting and you will learn new skills.
To apply you will need:
- Minimum 2:1 degree or a further degree in GIS, Geomatics, Environmental Science/Management, Geography or related discipline
- Numeracy skills including basic statistics
- Strong GIS skills with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop
- Good database and SQL skills with either MS-Access, SQL Server, Oracle or another comparable database
- Some background knowledge of water quality issues
You should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Eligibility to work permanently in the UK
- A passion for technical excellence within your discipline
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with a moderate level of supervision
- Exceptional team working skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A systematic logical approach to problem solving
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines and client needs
- The ability to think iinnovatively.
Based at our office in Swindon, Wiltshire, you’ll be guaranteed a starting salary of £21,000 plus a relocation package (if applicable), together with excellent training and development opportunities.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Free accident/life assurance
- Active sports and social club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
For more information on the type of work that we do please visit visit What We Do.
Please apply by Thursday 30th November 2017, stating where you saw the job advertised.
To apply you MUST include a covering letter and up-to-date CV. Your covering letter should include a brief introduction to yourself, detail why you are interested in working for us and demonstrate how you meet the criteria required for the role.
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a selection day which will consist of:
- Two Panel interviews
- The candidate presenting on a topic that will be revealed at the shortlisting stage
- A selection of aptitude tests
Please APPLY ONLINE