Graduate Data Analyst
Contract: Fixed Term
Salary £21,000 pro rata
Introduction to WRc plc
WRc plc is one of the world’s most innovative and independent scientific and engineering consultancies. Founded 90 years ago, we have a unique heritage. We are trusted by Government, industry, regulators and the utilities to solve today’s most significant and urgent challenges in the fields of water, gas, waste and the natural environment.
The WRc Opportunity
2018 marks the next stage in our journey. We have embarked on an ambitious plan that aims for significant growth and expansion in the next three years. This will provide exciting opportunities for the right people to join us. You will play your part in our future by enabling us to achieve our commercial objectives through the delivery of customer-focused solutions. In return, you will be part of an organisation in which expertise is celebrated; an infectious passion for your specialist skill-set is actively welcomed; and drive and performance are rewarded.
We are currently seeking high quality numerate graduates to work on a fixed-term contract basis until the 31st March 2018, after which depending on the success of our growth programme may lead to a permanent contract.
The nature of the work depends on the projects you are assigned to and can involve different challenges such as:
- Data analysis – supporting project teams with complex/large data sets using various software tools
- Data quality – checking quality issues for completeness to ensure ‘fit for purpose’
- Software development – experience of developing stand-alone software
- Software support – support and maintenance of existing software
- Development – developing new software (under guidance and support of senior team members)
- Assist with the development of methodologies and algorithms for software development and data analysis.
To apply you will need to be immediately available and have a minimum 2:1 degree in:
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Materials Science
or a closely related discipline as well as the following:
- Eligibility to work permanently in the UK
- A passion for technical excellence within your discipline
- A self-starter with the ability to communicate technical work to non-technical people
- Attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong database skills, preferably in SQL Server and/or Oracle
- .Net programming in VB, preferably with ASP.NET experience
- MS Office VBA
Culture & Benefits
In our welcoming and inclusive environment, at WRc we foster a culture where talented and motivated people are nurtured, encouraged and supported to succeed and develop their skills. We know that with the right people, we are able to build on our unrivalled reputation in the fields of innovation and technical excellence. We welcome team members who bring new ways of thinking and fresh approaches to problem solving as well as those who have a genuine passion for their specialist subject or area of research.
In return for your commitment, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
Please APPLY ONLINE. Closing Date 9th February 2018.
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates