Gas Innovation Engineer
Salary: £NEG (Plus Benefits)
Introduction to WRc plc
WRc plc is one of the world’s most innovative and independent scientific and engineering consultancies. Founded 90 years ago, we have a unique heritage. We are trusted by Government, industry, regulators and the utilities to solve today’s most significant and urgent challenges in the fields of water, gas, waste and the natural environment.
The WRc Opportunity
2018 marks the next stage in our journey. We have embarked on an ambitious plan that aims for significant growth and expansion in the next five years. This will provide exciting opportunities for the right people to join us. You will play your part in our future by enabling us to achieve our commercial objectives through the delivery of customer-focused solutions. In return, you will be part of an organisation in which expertise is celebrated; an infectious passion for your specialist skill-set is actively welcomed; and drive and performance are rewarded.
The Innovation Project Specialist will be responsible for delivering quality innovation projects to our clients that demonstrate clear business benefits, which align with our customer’s key drivers and challenges.
With demonstrable experience in the Gas Sector, you will work with a small project team delivering innovative and varied consultancy to Gas networks and utility companies.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- As part of multi-disciplinary team deliver a varied portfolio of innovation projects in subject areas related to networks.
- Ensure work is completed with technical integrity and in a transparent and auditable way.
- Production of high quality technical reports and presentations.
- Plan, supervise and manage technical trials.
- Understand, review and develop standards, procedures and technical documentation.
- Engaging with clients at a technical level within a project team and represent WRc at industry events.
- Working with the technical leads and the commercial team develop credible technology development and trial propositions.
With a relevant Gas Sector qualification you’ll need generalist knowledge of the sector and a passion to drive improvements
- An ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams including scientists and engineers
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivation and good organisational skills.
- An ability to quickly acquire new skills and a readiness to learn.
- A willingness to travel in the UK and overseas.
Culture & Benefits
In our welcoming and inclusive environment, at WRc we foster a culture where talented and motivated people are nurtured, encouraged and supported to succeed and develop their skills. We know that with the right people, we are able to build on our unrivalled reputation in the fields of innovation and technical excellence. We welcome team members who bring new ways of thinking and fresh approaches to problem solving as well as those who have a genuine passion for their specialist subject or area of research.
In return for your commitment, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Full on-the-job training
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
Please APPLY ONLINE. Closing Date 28th March 2018.
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates