WRc provides independent expert advice to both end users and the supply chain on all aspects of instrumentation, real-time control and telemetry. Areas of recent work include:
- Best practice on installation, operation and maintenance
- Emerging technologies, market reviews
- Value and quality of data
- Cost of ownership and Cost Benefit Analysis
- Auditing of installed instrumentation and telemetry assets
- Impacts and costs of new regulations involving instrumentation
- Instrument specifications
WRc also runs a number of projects, focused on key aspects of instrumentation, data quality and telemetry. These Portfolio collaborative research projects provide a platform for discussion, identification of new ideas and development of best practice and include:
The Instrument User Group (IUG)
The IUG is an independently facilitated group which aims to share knowledge and experience on instrumentation related issues to improve understanding and further the effective use of instrumentation within the water sector. http://www.wrcplc.co.uk/iug/
CP401 A Framework for Improving Telemetry Data Quality
CP401 is developing clear, evidence based guidelines for improving and managing telemetry data quality and realising the value this data has to asset management and other corporate systems.
Water Industry Alarm Systems Improvement Group
This group is providing a coherent and rigorous framework for alarm system and management, building on leading alarm best practice addressing the specific needs of the water industry.