Water Utilities face a raft of challenges relating to management of their assets including pressures to increase efficiency whilst maintaining levels of service to their customers. At the heart of sound asset management and investment decisions is good quality data.
WRc has a specialist team offering a wide range of independent services related specifically to business data management. The team is ISO-approved and has qualified information technology professionals with expertise in GIS, web-based solution delivery, mathematical modelling, business process analysis, data quality management and data cleaning.
Our capabilities include:
- development of GIS and information strategies
- development of data standards and schemas
- database and system architecture design
- web-based data collection exercises
- visualisation of large corporate data sources
- establishing tools for managing underground asset data
- Implementation of AssetMapper - a corporate spatial data warehouse application for managing Northern Ireland Water’s water and wastewater networks.
- Collaborative Portfolio Project “Getting Value from Data” – development of approaches that will assist companies in better targeting and realising benefit from data improvement programmes including a methodology to enable companies to identify and quantify their data quality issues.
- Development of a an SVG-based visualisation tool that displays both spatial and temporal network data alongside temporal graphs showing when things happen, thereby enabling the user to make informed decisions in a simple but effective manner.