WRc has a specialist team offering a wide range of independent products and services related specifically to environmental and spatial data management. The team is ISO-approved and includes qualified information technology professionals with expertise in GIS, web-based solution delivery, mathematical modelling, process analysis, data quality management and data cleaning.
- development of GIS and spatial data strategies
- development of data standards and data exchange schemas
- database and system design
- web-based data collection exercises, especially those to meet legislative requirements
- visualisation of data
- establishing tools and processes for managing data
- Support to the Implementation of the Water Framework Directive :
- development of XML schemas to meet the reporting requirements for WFD reporting. This included the development of user tools to support data collection; the creation of the required XML files; and, the development of style sheets to convert submitted files to readable HTML formats, and
- development of a web-based system to facilitate the assessment of River Basin Management Plans and support the workflow and dialogue between assessors, reviewers and the European Commission.
- Assessment of Nitrate Vulnerable Zones – provision of database and GIS support to a team of experts assessing the designation of Nitrate Vulnerable Zones in England and Wales.
- REACH reporting - assessment of options for Member State reporting under the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation, and development of a reporting questionnaire using IPM (the Interactive Policy Manager).
- Catchment Modelling GIS Tools – development of a suite of tools to facilitate the development of SIMCAT models, available in both ArcGIS and MapInfo.