At WRc we take corporate responsibility seriously and are committed to ensure that our business is carried out in a safe, sustainable, responsible way, through:
Client Services - In the work we undertake for our customers and through involvement in key strategic projects which benefit the environment and assists customers to fulfil both their own legal obligations and those of their clients.
Our People - Making WRc "The Place to Work". Investing in the wellbeing of our employees and providing opportunities for them to fulfil their own career aspirations.
Environmental Sustainability - Minimising our impact on the environment and running our business operations responsibly and effectively.
Community Engagement - Building relationships with, and providing support to the local, national and international communities in which we operate.
Values and Ethics – Being trustworthy, independent, and transparent. We maintain high ethical standards in all of our business, supplier and employee relationships. We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery, child labour and human trafficking.
Our employees have an input in our Corporate Responsibility Policy which influences not only our way of thinking but also our approach to everything we do. This is an on-going process and we will continuously strive to improve and set ourselves new challenges.
Examples of our commitment include:
- Supporting and promoting Fair Trade wherever possible.
- Implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure modern slavery or child labour is not taking place anywhere in our own business or in any of our supply chains.
- Working through our Environmental Management Committee to reduce water and energy consumption, minimise waste and encourage recycling through resource efficiency plans and activities.
- Commitment to climate change mitigation and adaptation measures – measuring our carbon footprint, using permeable paving on site.
- Achieving the Platinum award in the Investors in People accreditation.
- Regular staff surveys and setting up an ‘Employee Voice” forum. The feedback from which aims to make WRc "The Place to Work.
- Graduate development programme and opportunities for all staff to undertake training to improve their capabilities and develop their careers.
- Commitment of employees and the company to support our nominated Charity of the Year, as well as on-going support to both Wateraid and the Prospect Hospice via normal payroll giving.
- On-going support to local schools and colleges by offering work experience placements, attendance at the Earth Summit and careers presentations as well as being involved in mock recruitment days.
- Encouraging biodiversity and enhancing the local wildlife and amenity value of our grounds.
The successful implementation of the policy requires the full commitment of all employees at all levels of the Company.