WRc has a leading role in providing innovative and authoritative solutions to the water industry and other organisations in relation to Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission estimation, accounting and management.
Although carbon and energy are not synonymous, for most organisations increasing energy efficiency means reducing both costs and carbon footprint.
Why would you want to measure and manage your energy and carbon footprint?
- to reduce operational costs;
- to comply with legislation (e.g. CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme);
- to provide life-cycle emissions of your products / services to your customers;
- voluntarily, as part of corporate responsibility reporting;
- to show business sustainability, attract investors, acquire competitiveness.
We can help you understand and comply with the latest regulations and guidance, and plan investment taking account of carbon.
- Carbon Footprinting applied to different boundaries:
- E.g. accounting workbook for the UK Water Industry (UKWIR) used for national reporting to regulatory bodies
- products and services footprint (e.g. for pipeline rehabilitation and installation techniques)
- Energy Efficiency - Monitoring and Benchmarking
- Economic Tools to support decision making for carbon abatement strategies
- GHG Inventories for reporting purposes (e.g. Greater London Authority’s inventory reports)
- Advice on compliance and disclosure - third party verification of carbon assessments
- Research into alternatives to energy intensive processes.