Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: £26k to £45k dependent on experience
Introduction to WRc plc
WRc plc is one of the world’s leading innovative and independent scientific and engineering consultancies. Founded 90 years ago, we have a unique heritage. We are trusted by government, industry, regulators and energy and utility companies to solve today’s most significant and urgent challenges in the fields of water, gas and the natural environment.
The WRc Opportunity
2017 marks the next stage in our journey. We have embarked on an ambitious plan that aims for significant growth and expansion in the next five years. This will provide exciting opportunities for the right people to join us. You will play your part in our future by enabling us to achieve our commercial objectives through the delivery of customer-focused solutions. In return, you will be part of an organisation in which expertise is celebrated; an infectious passion for your specialist skill-set is actively welcomed; and drive and performance are rewarded.
WRc have an exciting new opportunity for a Bid Co-Ordinator to provide professional, high quality support to our bid managers across all of WRc’s service areas.
We’re looking for an outgoing, organised and proactive person to join the team. Someone who has experience of complex multi-discipline bid preparation from a consultancy / contractor background. The successful candidate will need to be able to communicate effectively at all levels, and help motivate people to take action and deliver on-time.
As our Bid Co-Ordinator you will be responsible for:
- Review of OJEU and other tender notices (mostly via web portals and email notification systems such as Achilles UVDB) on a daily basis, hence ensure that valuable opportunities are not missed.
- Registering interest in tenders, logging all incoming tenders and PQQs, followed by timely distribution to all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure actions carried out.
- Developing and maintaining a database of standard tender responses and data including corporate CVs, project experience, HSEQ standard responses and capability statements.
- Collecting feedback for both successful and unsuccessful bids, and maintaining a database of this information.
- Assisting bid managers with completion and submission of EOIs, PQQs and tenders to the highest quality and accuracy in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaising closely with other employees to gain information for the completion of documentation.
- Preparation (including copywriting) of AMP7 sales material including video, conference packs, articles for publication, “thought pieces”, and case studies.
- Key content for future WRc Innovation Days.
- Excellent communication and written skills in English (minimum GCSE C and above, or equivalent), with the ability to proof read technical documentation.
- Experience in publishing / copywriting.
- A high standard of computer literacy, with proficiency in a variety of IT packages.
- Excellent administration skills, with the ability to manage multiple demands and ensure deadlines are not missed.
- The ability to work under significant pressure and against challenging timescales (this could involve out of hours working in order to meet deadlines).
- Knowledge or experience of bid completion processes, ideally tracking opportunities via platforms such as Achilles UVDB.
- The desire to take responsibility for managing situations, leading by example with commitment and determination to succeed.
Culture & Benefits
In our welcoming and inclusive environment, at WRc we foster a culture where talented and motivated people are nurtured, encouraged and supported to succeed and develop their skills. We know that with the right people, we are able to build on our unrivalled reputation in the fields of innovation and technical excellence. We welcome team members who bring new ways of thinking and fresh approaches to problem solving as well as those who have a genuine passion for their specialist subject or area of research.
In return for your commitment, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Full on-the-job training
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
For more information on the type of work that we do, please visit: www.wrcplc.co.uk/services.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Closing Date 30th November 2017.
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.