Salary: £NEG (Plus Benefits)
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time when our business is experiencing an exciting period of growth. As our Asset Strategy Analyst you be responsible for helping our clients to drive business improvements, economic investment decisions and provide insights into assets in new and valuable ways.
With demonstrable experience in statistical analysis you will work with our clients developing innovative solutions to their problems in a variety of technical areas including investment planning, asset management, statistical control process, environmental assessment and econometrics.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the management and analysis of client datasets, ensuring that analytical work is completed with technical integrity and in a transparent and auditable way
- Proactively developing and implementing solutions to address clients’ needs
- Providing technical direction to projects and supervising the work of our junior analysts
- Contributing to business development activities, including ideas for service offerings, prospecting for new opportunities, liaising with clients and writing proposals.
- Leading the preparation of technical reports
- Attending client meetings to present and discuss results
With a first degree and/or further post-graduate qualification in a subject with a strong statistical or analytical component, you will also have:
- Proven experience of working for a UK regulated utility company, or similar, either directly or as consultant and have a strong practical understanding of business planning processes;
- A broad understanding of the spectrum of data analysis techniques;
- An ability to apply statistical techniques to help develop efficient solutions to real world problems
- Be able to simplify complex ideas to communicate confidently to a wide variety of audiences.
Other attributes necessary for this role are:
- Working experience of at least one statistical package (ideally ‘R’)
- An ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams including scientists and engineers
- A desire to contribute to business development activities;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Self-motivation and good organisational skills;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- An ability to quickly acquire new skills and a readiness to learn;
- A willingness to travel in the UK and overseas
In return we offer a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday.
- Free accident/life assurance.
- Active sports and social club.
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant.
WRc is an Independent Centre of Excellence for Innovation and Growth. We operate across different sectors including Water, Environment, Gas and Resource Management. Our clients include regulators, water and gas utility companies, government organisations, NGO’s, trade organisations, industrial manufacturers and waste management companies. Building on a legacy in the international water and environment sector stretching back over 90 years combined with the knowledge of our staff based in Swindon, we bring a shared purpose of discovering and delivering new and exciting solutions that enable our clients to meet the challenges of the future.
For more information on the type of work that we do please visit our 'What we do' page.
Please APPLY ONLINE
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates