Next Available Training Course: 9th - 10th October 2018 at WRc Swindon
Organisations are increasingly using data-driven approaches to manage assets, optimise processes and protect the environment. Whilst spreadsheets are well suited to analysing small datasets with simple statistical tools, more advanced tools are required to explore, visualise and make sense of larger, more complex datasets. This intensive two-day training course has been specially designed to give scientific and engineering professionals an accessible and hands-on introduction to the data analysis package R.
R is a state-of-the-art, open source programming language and software environment for statistical computing and graphics. Due to its power and flexibility, R is now the software package of choice for data analysts working in business, government and the third sector, and is supported by a vast and talented R user community. It’s also completely free!
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- install and update the R software and associated add-on packages;
- easily undertake and manage analyses in R using the free RStudio® integrated development environment;
- import data from offline and online sources;
- efficiently manipulate, check and clean source datasets;
- summarise data using a range of descriptive statistics;
- produce professional quality charts and graphics;
- fit and interpret predictive statistical models;
- save and export results and graphics in a variety of formats; and
- engage in continuous learning via the online R community.
The course is delivered in an engaging and informal style that takes account of different levels of experience and expertise. Concepts are taught in bite size tutorials and reinforced by interactive practical sessions using real data. Instead of passively watching videos or lecture slides, you will have the opportunity to repeat taught concepts and solve real-life data problems in a supervised environment.
We know that the full value of training is realised only by putting learning into practice so, in addition to the course, you will receive:
- a comprehensive course booklet; and
- free follow-up telephone support to answer ongoing questions.
Who should attend?
This course has been specially designed for scientists and engineers in utility and regulatory organisations who currently rely on spreadsheets for day-to-day analysis of datasets and are looking to take their analysis to the next level. The course assumes some knowledge of basic statistical concepts (e.g. mean, standard deviation, linear regression) but no prior experience of using R. Some prior experience of coding (e.g. VBA, SQL, Python) is useful but not essential.
- Upskilled staff with the skills and tools to turn existing data into useful information.
- Greater productivity by exploiting the power of open-source data analytics software.
- Ability to undertake cutting edge, repeatable and auditable analyses.
An introduction to Data Analytics using R - 9th-10th October 2018
Click here to view the TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For further information, please contact Caroline Brandt on 01793 865196 or email email@example.com.
DATA PROTECTION: In accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, the information you provide is kept secure. WRc do not disclose customers information to third parties.