Following the successful development and introduction of the Sahara® Leak Location system, Sahara® Pipeline Inspection now offer CCTV inspection of live water mains using the same patented insertion and deployment technology.
The Sahara® CCTV system is capable of giving pipeline operators pictures from inside water mains at a distance of up to 800m from the insertion point. The system can be used in live water mains while the main remains in service, feeding customers.
The system can be used for:
- condition assessment
- identifying features on the line without excavating
- checking for the build up of sediment
- looking for signs of internal corrosion
- inspecting internal coatings
- locating of lost fittings, valve and off takes.
Surveys have been carried out to:
- look for suspected mussel growth in raw water inlet to a treatment works
- identify an obstruction restricting the flow in a potable water main
- inspect the internal condition of a raw water main
- to inspect an air-valve connection that was blocked
- determine the general condition of water mains
- assess the lining of an asbestos cement main
Examples of operating parameters.