In August 2011, WRc received a €1m contract for the third and final year of this WFD support contract. WRc is leading a consortium of 21 organisations based across Europe.
The WFD support will provide the European Commission with:
- Technical, scientific and administrative assistance on the Common Implementation Strategy (CIS) of the WFD; supporting the Strategic Co-ordination Group, the Working Group, and CIS Work Programme activities.
- Technical assistance in new policy developments and integration of water policy into other European policy areas, including agriculture, energy, transport, industry and regional policy and cohesion.
- Assistance in the compliance assessment of WFD implementation, notably the river basin management plans (RBMPs) submitted by Member States. This includes preparing technical compliance assessment reports which will be used in the European Commission’s report to the European Parliament and European Council in accordance with WFD Article 18.
- Technical assistance in the compliance assessment and implementation of the Floods Directive. This includes developing reporting formats and information exchange; developing a methodology for compliance assessment and preparing technical assessment reports.
- Assistance in developing the Water Information System for Europe (WISE). This support will focus on the strategic development of WISE.
For further information contact Ian Codling at email@example.com or 01793 865030.